Monday, August 22, 2011

Teen Cup 4

Yesterday was the last day of racing, for the Teen Cup Series and what a race it was. The first day I had real Good run to start the race off, but after about 2minutes of warming down Malcolm comes over and tells me and Callum that they had stuffed up the timing and the first 15 paddlers off had to go again. So 20minutes later we were off again. My next run went ok, not as good as my first one but was still alright. Leaving me in 4th place. There was a real long break betweens run so trying to stay out of the sun was proven difficult. My next run didn't go so well 50ing the first gate was pretty off putting and from there on in it all went down hill, accumulating 2 more 50s and serval touches i didn't think much more could of gone wrong. But the results stayed the same with me in 4th place and Callum in 8th, as well as finn making finals in u16. 
Semifinals, was a nervous wait. Just scraping through in 10th place with 10 going through to finals. Luckily i was able to have a good look at the video and see where i had gone wrong and make improvements on it. Finals did go a little better but picking up a touch wasn't the best. I ended up finishing in 5th position in a tight field where 1st and 2nd were only 0.01 of a second behind each other as well as 4th and 5th. 
I will post abit more on the teen cup series and upload a few photos when i get better internet as i only have 5mins left and i am flying home tomorrow. 
Piece Out.

No comments: