Sunday, August 7, 2011

Teen Cup 2, done and dusted.

Today was the last day of Teen Cup 2, holding the Semi-finals and Finals. 
Team member Callum and myself both made the under 18 semi finals. I didn't have the best of days racing yesterday in the qualifications only just scraping into Semi-finals in 17th place with 20 paddlers going through.Team member  Finn also made it in under 16. 
The skill of the paddlers that were at this one and not the other one had raised quite a bit i thought. With alot of new faces about.
Semi-finals didn't go as well as i would have liked up the top. Dropping low into a couple of ups and sliding out in places.But it was lucky for me that the bottom of the course was alot better and also having the only clean run in the whole of the under 18 Semi-final, secured me a spot in the finals. 
I made it into the finals in 6th spot, with Callum narrowly missing out due to penalties, leaving him in 13th. 
My run in the finals was good. It was just a good solid clean run. I was on line majority of the run and utilized the mistake i had made earlier on in the semi finals as well as qualifications, leaving me pretty happy in 5th place. 




No comments: