Monday, August 1, 2011

Teen Cup Number 1

Teen Cup 1 down 3 more to go. 
On Saturday the first Junior Cup was held in Bratislava, Slovakia. This is where the World Championship are held later on in there year and is the Olympic selection for New Zealand.  


There were roughly 300 athletes, from 15 different nations. 


Qualifications were on Saturday and if you made top 20 paddlers in your age group you went through to the semi-finlas on Sunday.
My first run in Qualifications was clean and solid, leaving my in 6th position. This meant i was able to experiment a little bit in run 2.

 

I more or less paddled the same as i did in run 1 but cut my lines a little bit more. I ended up going 3 seconds faster, but so did everyone else. I was left in 6th place going through to the semi finals.

Semi-finals, what a nervous wait that was. I finished my semi-final run not to happy having 2 touches, thinking i had no hope in making finals. 
Luckily i had the 3rd fastest flat time and i wasn't the only messy one. Therefore leaving me qualifying in 4th place into finals, with fellow team mate Callum Gibb hot on my tail in 5th. 


I went into finals with the mind set of going clean and just trying to have a solid run and i would be happy.  It was a pretty good run although I was still able to take in a few things i need to work on for next time, but it certainly left me very happy in third position and Callum in 5th.



Photo's were by Aaron Osborne. 
Check out his website http://www.aaronosborne.co.nz/

No comments: