Sunday, July 10, 2011

Junior Pre Worlds!!!

Yahoooooo. Made a international final. 
Today we had the Junior Pre World Semi-finals and Finals. I was in second place after the qualification yesterday and was hoping for a solid day of racing today. 
I had my doubts that the racing was going to go ahead today as there was a thundered storm predicted and with carbon being conductor, might not have been the best thing.



But it did so there was smiles all round. 

Semi-finals, the plan was to have a solid run and hopefully go clean. Unfortunately i didn't go clean having one of the stupidest touches but other than that it was pretty solid. So it was a nervous wait for results. Once results came out i wasn't the only one that touched so all was good and was through to the finals along with fellow team mates Finn and Foxy. 

Finals, I was in 2 minds either to go all out or play it safe. I ended up playing it safe and it worked out good in the end. I got a little stuck in 13 and felt my self going back into the hole but luckily it didn't grab me to much and was able to paddle out. I carried on to have a clean and solid run. 
Leaving me pretty happy in 2nd place. 

Along with Finn in third from New Zealand and Michal Smolen in First from USA


Cole and Laurence along with the rest of them under a tree to get out of the sun. 

Great hiding spot for the car keys

No comments: